< Back Index Next >
There are 6 add-on effects in FantaMorph: background, mask, foreground, transition, light, and sound. Choose the Movie/Effect menu to open the window below.
Beginning version 4.0, you can use add-on effects for every sequence. Choose the Sequence/Effect menu to open the window below. You can use both Movie Effect and Sequence Effect in a project, the difference between them is that Movie Effect acts on the whole movie zone but the Sequence Effect only acts on the Camera zone. So, we generally use Sequence Effect along with Camera.
As described in "How to Use 32-bit with Alpha Images", if the source images are 32-bit with alpha, the morph can be smoothly blended with any single color or any other image as a background. If the source images are not 32-bit (in most cases, you will find 24-bit images), you must first use a mask, otherwise, the background will be invisible.
1. Click the Select Effect button (), then choose an image file as the Background. A small thumbnail of this image will be show as the Effect Icon (), and the Effect Switch () will be highlighted to indicate the background is being used.
2. You may click the Set Effect Location button () to adjust the size and relative position of the Background effect. See more...
3. You may turn on/off the Effect Switch or click Effect Icon at anytime to enable or disable the Background effect.
4. You can double click the Effect Icon or click the Select Effect button again to load another image to see the effect.
5. If you do not want to use the Background displayed, right-click the Effect Icon or click the Clear Effect button () to clear it.
6. In addition, you can select a pure color as a backcolor. Notice that the background image may be blended with the BackColor. It's a useful way to change the hue of the background image.
7. Each effect has its own Effect Parameter (). You can adjust the background transparency.
The mask image should be 256 level grayscale bitmap. The brightness of every pixel of the mask image will be applied to the transparency of the corresponding pixel of the morph. That means a white pixel will cause the corresponding morph pixel to be opaque, a black pixel will cause a fully transparent pixel, and various levels of gray will cause corresponding levels of transparency. In the following example, the left image below is the source image, the middle image is the mask, and the resulting morph frame is at the right. As you see, when you add a mask to a morph, the morph will take on the mask shape.
There are further samples below. Note that you can use any image as a background, but we used a single color for our demo so that you could see the mask effects more clearly.
The foreground should be a 32-bit with alpha image that you choose to overlay on the morph to make a photo frame, text caption or other such effect.
The transition image should be a 256 level grayscale bitmap. The brightness of every pixel of the transition image will be applied to the dissolving sequence of the corresponding pixel of the morph. That means a dark pixel will cause the corresponding morph pixel to be dissolved a little early, while a bright pixel will cause the corresponding morph pixel to be dissolved a little late. You can adjust the transition border by Border (). The larger border you set, the smoother transition will be.
The light image should be a 256 level grayscale bitmap. The brightness of every pixel of the light image will be applied to the brightness of the corresponding pixel of the morph. That means a bright pixel will cause the corresponding morph pixel to be a little brighter, a dark pixel will cause the corresponding morph pixel to be a little darker. You can adjust the light intensity by Bright Intensity and Dark Intensity ().
Add a WAV or MP3 file to a morph. Click the Play button to play it after load. The sound is always played at the start of the morph. You can export the sound to AVI, Flash, Screen Saver or EXE.
• You can use the drag & drop feature to load images for effects.
• Using too many effects will affect the performance of preview and export.
• Some outdated display drivers won't be able to render the add-on effects properly.
• Sequence Effect is only available in FantaMorph Deluxe.
< Back Index Next >