< Back Index Next >
When morphing from one face to another, the program can automatically detect the facial features (eyes, nose, mouth, etc.) and place key dots on appropriate positions. This will extremely save your time.
1. Choose the Add-Ins/Face Locator menu to open the window below.
2. All the source images in current project are listed here (). Click a thumbnail to start to locate the facial features on the source image. You can also click the Prev/Next button to load the previous or next source image.
3. The locating result will be presented in the left window (). In this version, total 112 key dots will be placed on a face, and this will make the final morphing result very smooth.
4. To achieve more accurate locating result, you can do a little manual adjustments to make the locating template displayed in the right window () as close to the face on the image as possible. Once the locating template is changed by any following adjustment, a corresponding locating result will be presented in the left window in real time. When you move mouse over these edit handles, a corresponding cursor will appear to indicate what kind of adjustments you can do, see below.
Adjust Pupils (): You can directly click on the center of the pupils on the image or drag the two circle handles to move the pupils of the locating template to the correct positions. This is the easiest and fastest way to adjust the locating template.
Translate (): Move cursor over this square handle and drag it to move the locating template.
Rotate (): Move cursor over this square handle and drag it to rotate the locating template.
Scale (): Move cursor over this square handle and drag it to scale the locating template.
5. If you want to manually edit the locating result to make it completely perfect, double-click the left window or click the Edit button (). On the edit window below, you can simply drag a dot or even a line to move it to the perfect position. Please note that to move a line directly you should hold the CTRL key while dragging, otherwise the program will always automatically detect the better position for the line. Also, you can zoom the edit zone by using mouse wheel scrolling or pressing the key "," or ".".
6. When all the locating results are satisfied, click the Apply All button () to apply the results to the project. You can still edit the key dots in the main interface when needed.
7. When a new source image added to the project, please launch Face Locator to preview and adjust the locating result, you then need to click the Apply One button () to apply the result only to the new source image.
• Since Face Locator locates facial features automatically, there are some requirements for the pictures it can work with. To achieve the best locating result, the pictures should be taken full-faced and oriented vertically with good lighting conditions. The variation of head position, facial expression, illumination, age and race etc., will cause the locating result unsatisfied or even unacceptable.
• Face Locator is only available in FantaMorph Deluxe.
< Back Index Next >